ME Libraries – for public libraries, for you!
The ME Libraries service allows you to borrow materials in person at any public library in Alberta using your local library card. Sign up at melibraries.ca
ME Account Terms and Conditions
Patrons using ME Libraries accounts to borrow items* from Chinook Arch member libraries agree to the following terms:
- Fees, loan periods, renewals and borrowing limits vary depending on the individual Chinook Arch library’s local policies.
- In general, books have a loan period of 3 weeks, A/V materials have a loan period of 1 week. Some materials have extended loan periods including Book Club kits which have a 6 week loan period.
- Overdue fines range from $0.05/day to $0.25/day for books and $0.25/day to $2.00/day for A/V materials. Ask the library you visit about their fine rates.
- Most Chinook Arch libraries do not limit the number of items that can be checked out at a time. Some exceptions do exist for special collections and at some Chinook Arch libraries.
- Holds placed by ME Libraries card users must be picked up by the user at a Chinook Arch library.
- CNIB materials may only be checked out by borrowers with print disabilities.
*ebooks and other electronic content are not available to ME Libraries card users due to licensing restrictions.
The Alberta Library Card – access to academic and special libraries
Request a TAL card at your home library to borrow materials in person from any participating TAL library, including academic and government libraries. You can return borrowed materials at any participating TAL library.
Note that certain special collections may not be available through the TAL program. Loan periods and overdue fines may vary by library – ask the borrowing library for more information about their policies.